Vice President / Director Investment Banking
Are you ready to join an exciting middle-market investment bank in Northern NJ? This may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We are looking to add to our growing VP/Director team that strives to delight our clients with brilliant results.
This position is a great opportunity to join a dynamic growing firm and build your career in M&A. You’ll gain hands-on experience, work on sell and buy-side assignments, and be exposed to many industries. We value all our employees and provide developmental opportunities and recognition for your amazing talent.
Deal Execution and Financial Analysis:
- Lead the day-to-day execution of M&A transactions, including buy and sell-side mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and capital raises.
- Conduct thorough financial analyses, including valuation modeling, financial statement analysis, and due diligence, to assess the feasibility and potential impact of proposed transactions
- Manage market sale processes, due diligence, client meetings, financial models, and management presentations.
- Create pitch materials and presentations
- Participate in presentations to clients
- Develop market and competitor research, growth opportunities and key investment needs
- Provide strategic advice to clients on deal structures, pricing, and negotiation tactics to optimize transaction outcomes.
- Support senior dealmakers throughout all phases of transactions.
- Lead Analyst and Associate execution teams
Client Relationship Management:
- Serve as the primary day-to-day point of contact and trusted advisor for DAK’s clients throughout the deal process.
- Understand clients’ industries and market trends to tailor solutions that align with their long-term
- Foster and maintain strong client relationships to generate repeat business and referrals.
Team Leadership and Coordination:
- Oversee and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including analysts, associates, and other support staff as well as external attorneys, accountants and other advisors to ensure the seamless execution of transactions.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and feedback to junior team members to facilitate their professional growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field. An advanced degree or CFA or CPA (e.g., MBA) is preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience successfully executing middle-market M&A transactions within an investment banking, corporate development or corporate finance setting.
- Proven financial modeling skills with high analytic and critical thinking ability
- Self-motivated, highly focused and a high level of attention to detail.
- Precise written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate in a transparent and honest manner directly with clients
- Working proficiency in Excel and related programs.
- Effective team management and leadership skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant software and platforms
As a team member you will join a company culture that lives our values and cares about our people. We believe in what we do and how we do it. We offer great benefits, including a hybrid work environment.
Reach out with your cover letter and resume to Careers@DAKGroup.com
At DAK, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a better workplace. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. DAK is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
DAK believes that individuals with disabilities have reasonable accommodations available to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.